Monday, February 10, 2014

A Voice Like Silk

Saturday night was one of the best nights I've had in a really long time. I am so glad that I had the opportunity to go out and hear one of the most talented singer/songwriters in Southern Ontario sing. It was a small venue (The Village Bistro on Greenbrook) and only a few privileged people got to hear his sweet, sweet voice singing pop songs and his awesome mixes of these songs and artists.

He sang some of his own music too, and by my request, he sang the first song I had ever heard him sing. It was one of his own, called "Million Words" and it reminds me of one of my favourite people to ever walk this earth. Listening to the song reminds me of her not only because she put it on a mix CD and we sang it all the way to Port Perry one year for New Years, but also because many of the lyrics make me think of her. Its supposed to be a love song, but given that we are soulmates, I think it fits anyway!






"I could write a million words and try to describe you"...
 
"Cause I can't take my eyes off your smile"...
 
"I would give, give up my words, to spend one morning with yours"...

The list of lovely lyrics goes on, but I won't spend time writing them out for you. Buy the song yourself on iTunes! The artist is Mandippal Jandu and if you ever have the chance to see him live, I recommend it! (He has two CD's out and more to come and they are perfect for... everything!)


The night had other wonderfully special moments of wine, beer, requests, laughter, love burgers, hilarity and friendship. I spent much of the night talking to an old friend that I hope I see much more often from now on, and her friend. They refer to each other as "Pinky" and "The Brain" and I think it's completely on the money!

Another friend walked halfway across town and brought more people. We sang happy birthday to Colin and ate something that had ice cream and chocolate and came with a lollipop on top of it.

The end of the night saw Brain and myself spinning on chairs at the bar while pressing the lever on the side that makes them sink down to the ground. More than ridiculous, we didn't care. We were having the time of our lives in that moment.

Quote of the night:
Me: "That scarf is very becoming on you, Simon"
Simon: "If you were on me, you'd be-coming too."

No comments:

Post a Comment