Wednesday, September 11, 2013

... While I’m Fighting Gravity


I realized this morning while bench pressing my wimpy 40lbs that anyone going to the gym who is not a professional athlete or on their way to being one, is really just fighting gravity.

Ya, ya, there is the whole benefit of a “healthy lifestyle” and losing weight, but again, isn’t that just fighting gravity by losing the mass that pulls you down so hard?

And for people there to bulk up and get huge muscles, what are they really doing? They’re just conditioning their bodies to fight gravity by being able to pick up heavier things. This is, of course, a way to defeat gravity without it affecting them as much as it would someone with smaller muscles.

As far as I am aware though, no human being has ever been able to truly win the battle against gravity, there will always be something heavy enough that a human cannot life it. So what I concluded this morning as I moved on to finish my work out on the bikes is that your shirt is not what is holding you down to this earth, so taking it off in the gym is not going to help you levitate and fly away. Please keep your shirt on while I’m fighting gravity.

No comments:

Post a Comment