Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Hope for a Houseplant

You can't die. If you die, I'll lose all hope. I used to think I could do anything, but if you die, I'll know I can fail at something. The veil I've laid over my own eyes will be removed and I'll see myself for what I really am. If I can't even keep you alive, what am I worth?
 
When I got you, you were strong and beautiful. You only need a few things to keep you going. Have I failed you in your smallest and greatest needs all together? Did the cat attack you one too many times? I should have put you higher up.
 
Let me feed you again. Water. Sunlight- everyone needs sunlight, especially you. Please come back to me. Flower and bloom. Bring back the deep, vibrant colours of the days when we first met.

 
Let's stay alive together. One bad month or two can't keep us down, right? There is hope for revival. I'll help you, and you help me. "Keep a plant alive for more than one bloom" is on my list of things to do before I die.. we're in this one together and I won't let you go just yet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment